In a civilized society, should anyone or any government ever force anyone to do anything against his or her will as long as that person does not infringe upon the life, liberty, or property of another?

Friday, December 24, 2010

Office of Foods

Only the government can create something so silly as the Office of Foods. God forbid our omnipotent government lets farmers grow what they want, which would be dicated by demands from consumers in a free market. No, no, no, say the government control freaks, busybodies, and nags, we, the all-powerful state, must check out everything so everyone is safe.

Gee, I wonder how George Washington and Thomas Jefferson lived so long without the Office of Foods checking their meals?

1 comment:

Mary said...

You know, i had to read the title twice. Congrats, because i usually don't have to do a double take. Before opening your web page, I've learned that it helps to take a deep breath and prepare myself for anything. But this time...just...WTF?

Sorry, i am normally not this disrespectful, especially toward someone so respected. I wish i had a wider vocabulary for my response...but i don't.

But...Why...Seriously? Really? No foolin'? We now have an 'Office of Foods?'

And people wonder why i put bourbon in my coffee. After reading that i wish i had an IV hooked up.

I would love to hear the defensive argument for this! You know, i think i'll look it up! I could use a laugh.

On a lighter note, Happy Holidays!